I've lived a lot of life since the last time I posted in January. I became the king of procrastination (and wishful thinking). One of my favorite things in the whole world, is discovering new music. When you hear something you like for the first time, it's like falling in love. Sometimes it's fast, and sometimes it takes time, but at the end of the day you've got a smile on your face. If a song gets overplayed on the radio, you just want to see other music (no it's not you Kings of Leon, it's me. I just need some time to think).
Here are some songs that I have started a love affair with. Enjoy.
1.) Falling Into You - Mae // Album: (a)fternoon (2010)
- I remember hearing Mae for the first time in the Summer of 2004. I had really only begun to get into alternative music a couple years before, and the next Summer I went to my first Vans Warped Tour. At the time I was listening to their album "Destination: Anywhere," which had some good hits like "Summertime" and "Giving It Away." This song is an instrumental acoustic one, and it makes you feel good listening to it. This is what falling in love sounds like.
2.) Sometime Around Midnight - The Airborne Toxic Event // Album: Calendar Days (2009)
- I think we've all been there a time or two. I love the story telling.
3.) Mother Maria (feat. Beth Hart) - Slash // Album: Slash and Friends (2010)
- The vocals are haunting. I'm not really familiar with Beth Hart, but she fits the song. I can totally see this song being on Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy" had Slash stayed after 1994's "The Spaghetti Incident." Just imagine Axl Rose singing this one, I know I can.
4.) Breakeven (Falling to Pieces) - The Script // Album: The Script (2008)
- These guys can write a song, that's for sure. I love songs that anyone can relate to, and this one is not any different. "When the heart breaks, it don't break even." Very true. The Script also co-wrote the majority of American Idol winner Kris Allen's debut album. His his hit single "Live Like We're Dying" was actually written and recorded by The Script before anyone even knew who Kris Allen was.
5.) Let's Groove - Earth, Wind and Fire // Album: Raise! (1981)
- You're an asshole if you don't like this song haha :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment