Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Songs I've Been Listening To #14

Some songs...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

1.) Familiar Realm - CKY (Camp Kill Yourself) // Album: An Answer Can Be Found (2005)

I remember riding in my car listening to 88.9 The Alter-Nation sometime in 2005, hearing this song, and loving it ever since. I haven't been a huge fan of CKY over the years, but I always liked this one.

2.) Crazy For This Girl - Evan & Jaron // Album: Evan & Jaron (2000)

Twin brothers Evan and Jaron had this one hit back in 2000, and it's still a solid song all these years later. I wonder what ever happened to those guys. It's sad, because the style reminds me a lot of the 90's.

3.) Brand New Day - Fireflight // Album: Unbreakable (2008)

I heard this song just recently, on a local Christian music radio station. Occasionally some good tunes find themselves on there. It kind of sucks that some phenomenal Christian rock songs have 1-dimensional lyrics to accompany them, because the structure, melody, and instrumentals are awesome. You can only hear "holy" so many times.

4.) You Can Always Come Home (feat. Serena Ryder) - Jason Castro // Album: The Love Uncomprimised EP (2010)

After being mildly successful on American Idol, Jason went on to create some great music. Just to jog your memory, this is the guy with the metrosexual dreadlocks from last year.

5.) Alison (Live) - Elvis Costello // Album: Woodstock '99 (1999)

What a special moment. I can't imagine being there to hear this, let alone be Elvis Costello performing this. Having 500,000 people sing along to one of your songs must be overwhelming. A bright moment, in an otherwise horrible Woodstock. Limp Bizkit? Really? That has "Peace" written all over it.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment